NURSERY & Preschool (newborn - Pre-K)
The Nursery and Preschool Ministries offer Sunday and Wednesday evening programs. Our Preschoolers have Bible study classes, mission classes, and choirs. Our loving volunteers guide creativity, self-expression, and fun.
We seek to guide your babies and preschoolers to:
- Hear of the love of Jesus
- Experience God’s love through association with Christian teachers
- Think of the church as a special place where families come to learn about God.
- Enjoy church and want to return to lean Bible truths and lessons
- Know the Bible is a special book written by God
- Begin talking with God in their own way
Seasonal activities are part of the preschool ministry that provides fellowship and spiritual enrichment for the entire family. Some of these activities include the Spring Easter egg hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, trips to the Pumpkin Patch and so much more!
CHILDREN (K - 8th grade)
Children’s Ministry: Equipping kids to know, grow, and show God’s love!
We seek to:
- Fill children’s minds with the Word of God
- Establish habits of godly living in their daily lives
- Create a Christian community of children and adults who enjoy life together
- Help children build proper relationships to the authorities in their lives
- Make each child’s experience at church safe and fun in the process of maturing in Christ
- Help children trust Christ as Savior and submit to Him at home, school, play, or wherever they are.
Youth & COLLEGE
The focus of our youth group comes from Luke 9:23, which says, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.”
Our hope is that through intense discipleship and intentional relationships, we can provide a place for youth and college students to follow Christ!
We meet together three times weekly:
Sunday mornings at 9:15 AM for Sunday School.
Sunday nights at 5:00 PM for small group discipleship.
Wednesday nights at 6:00 PM for youth worship
Throughout the year, we participate in several events that include:
Back To School Rally
See You At The Pole Rally
Various Christian Concerts
Discipleship Now Weekend
...and so much more.
Our Adult ministry includes men and women from all ages. We have a thriving young adult group that includes several Sunday school classes that you can choose from. We offer couples classes and classes just for men and just for women.
Senior Adults (ENCORE)
Our Senior Adult ministry, known as “Encore”, is a thriving ministry at FBC Sharon. The term “Encore” means a “a second achievement especially that surpasses the past.” The purpose of Encore is to provide retired and 50+ adults with opportunities to use their varied spiritual gifts, wisdom, experience, and time to grow and influence others for Jesus.
We desire for our older members to be involved in the activities of the church. We meet the first Wednesday of every month at 11:30 a.m. for lunch and special activities. These activities may include guest speakers or trips to local and
Recently, “Encore” went to the Creation Museum and the Ark in Kentucky.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others as faithful stewards of God's grace in it's various forms.” – 1 Peter 4:10